Emergency Dentist — Orlando, FL
Experience the Fast Emergency Dentistry Care You Need
Maybe you’ve fallen and cracked a tooth on the sidewalk, or maybe you have a toothache that’s been building and building to the point that the pain is unbearable. In these frightening and uncomfortable situations, it can be easy to give into panic, but do your best to stay calm. If you’re in Dr. Phillips, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, or another nearby area, please give the Sand Lake Dental team a call today. Dr. Ziyad Maali regularly treats emergency cases, and he and the rest of our team do everything in our power to accommodate patients into our schedule as soon as we possibly can here in our Orlando dental office, and in most cases, we’re able to see patients on the same day they call.
Why Choose Sand Lake Dental for Emergency Dental Care?
- Works Hard to Get You Seen the Same Day
- Available In the Evening and On Weekends
- Highly Trained and Experienced Dentist
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Same-day appointment: If you’re experiencing a dental emergency, the first thing you should do is take a deep breath, then give the Sand Lake Dental team a call. We’re here to help whenever patients need us most. When you call, one of our knowledgeable team members will walk you through how best to care for your smile during an emergency as well as get you scheduled for an appointment.
- Emergency exam: We’ll do our best to get you seen the same day. When you do arrive at our practice, Dr. Maali will perform an emergency exam and capture digital X-rays if needed to locate the source of your symptoms. He’ll also work to get you out of discomfort so you can feel more comfortable during your visit.
- Review findings: Once the exam is complete, Dr. Maali will go over his findings and then recommend a treatment plan to alleviate your emergency. This treatment plan is customized to meet your specific needs and will be explained in great detail to you so you know exactly what to expect in terms of the cost and length of your care.
- Get the care you need: Whether the treatment plan you need includes dental fillings, dental crowns, root canal therapy, tooth extraction, oral surgery, or another service, Dr. Maali will do everything he can to make sure your emergency is handled and does not come back.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Many patients ask us, “So what counts as a dental emergency?” We want our patients to know that, if they believe their situation requires emergency care, it likely does. If you’re just not sure your situation necessitates an emergency appointment, give us a call. In the meantime, here are the most common situations we treat and how you can manage them ahead of your appointment with our team.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
You may not be able to prevent all dental emergencies. However, there are some things you can do to reduce your risk for experiencing one going forward, including:
- Make sure to brush and floss teeth daily and visit the dentist two times each year to keep teeth whole and healthy.
- Do not use teeth to open packages or crack nuts as this may lead to tooth damage.
- Kick your nail biting, pen chewing, or ice eating habits. This additional stress on tooth enamel increases the risk for dental wear, cracks, or chips.
- Wear mouthguards to protect teeth at night if you grind and clench, and always wear a sportsguard during athletic practices and competitions to avoid injury.