One of the most effective ways to maintain excellent oral health is to consistently visit a dentist in Orlando for preventive care. Before that can happen, though, you need to find the right professional to work with. How should you conduct your search, and what traits should you look for? Get the answers you need as you continue reading!
What to Look for in a Local Dentist
The process of finding the right dentist should start by having certain criteria that the professional must meet. The following is a list of some key attributes to look for:
- A Highly-Skilled Dentist – The dentist you trust your oral care to should be trained from a reputable institution. He or she should also stay abreast of the latest advancements in dentistry by taking continuing education courses.
- A Trained and Friendly Staff – It’s also important to make sure the staff is trained properly, and that they’re friendly so your visits will always be pleasant.
- A Sterile Environment – The last thing you want is to develop an infection of any sort while receiving care. Thus, your dentist’s office should be sterile, and it should meet all the necessary safety requirements.
- A Convenient Location – Your dentist should be conveniently located to lessen your chances of getting caught in traffic before a visit. It’s even more critical in a dental emergency when there is an immediate need for care.
The Importance of Preventive Dentistry
As mentioned above, one of the most important reasons for finding the right dentist to work with is it allows you to receive preventive dentistry. These six-month visits can not only offset potential problems, but they can also save you money down the road.
Here are three key events that transpire while you’re there:
- Cleaning – Built-up plaque and tartar are two major contributors to accelerated tooth and gum decay. By having your teeth cleaned on a regular basis, though, you’ll be well-protected.
- Examination – Equally as important as the cleaning, is the examination. Usually, the dental hygienist and dentist will perform separate assessments to cover every aspect of your oral health.
- Consultation – Your visit will conclude with sitting down with the dentist to discuss his or her findings. Thus, if there are any adjustments that need to be made in your dental hygiene or any other aspect of your dental health, they can be implemented.
The Perfect Time for Care
The year is still fairly young, which means your dental insurance benefits recently renewed. This is the perfect time to put them to good use and schedule a consultation with a local dentist today!
About the Author
Dr. Ziyad Maali earned his dental degree from the University of Florida College of Dentistry. Throughout his career, he has remained committed to learning more. Thus, he and his staff take hours of continuing education courses annually in multiple areas. Dr. Maali maintains professional membership in such organizations as the Florida Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry. He provides preventive care at Sand Lake Dental, and he can be reached for more information through his website.